Why I HATE a standard garlic press:
- You have to use more than you need because not everything gets pressed through.
- Most are a pain in the neck to clean!
- Not versatile...they can't be used for anything else.
Why I LOVE the Garlic Twister:
- Easily minces all of the garlic put into it!
- Can handle up to about 6 cloves of garlic (depending on size, cut the large ones done)
- EASY TO CLEAN!
- Versatile...not only can it do garlic... it also does ginger, chilies, shallots, fresh herbs (for situations where they're being mixed into dishes), capers, nuts, and even dried herbs have more flavor when they're twisted in the Garlic Twister!
Dishwasher safe but we find it easiest simply rinse, drip dry, and put away.